Tuesday, September 23, 2014

IT'S AN HONOR!


HOME ALONE

I have just returned from an incredible two weeks immersed in art, teaching, learning, friendship and gratitude for the life I live!  While away from home, I learned this painting has received the President's Award from the International Society for Experimental Art (ISEA).  I am very honored.  I wish I was able to attend their event but I was teaching in Florida at the time.  Hopefully, next year.  It is great to have an organization dedicated to those of us who like to push the envelope a little (or a lot!)

This morning, I received a note that this painting is also featured on the Artist's Network blog post excerpted from the Acrylic Artist magazine. 
Here is the link to see the article and read how this painting came about.  http://www.artistsnetwork.com/articles/art-demos-techniques/painting-with-acrylic-an-ever-curious-approach-to-art-making?lid=CHarnac092314

As soon as I am able to download all the photos from the past two weeks and clear my brain, I will share some wonderful moments and new ideas that developed.

19 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Myrna,
Congratulations! So well-deserved, too. After enjoying your countless creativity experiments over the years, I'm surprised you're not the Big Kahuna of the organization. You should be, you know.
Keep doing what you do so well and again, WAY TO GO!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Gary. So nice to hear from you. It seems Hawaii agrees with you. To be the Big Kahuna, one just has to volunteer! My volunteer days are behind me.

Sadami said...

Tons of Congrats, Myrna!!!!! No surprise, because you deserve it!! I look forward to your more creative work. Best wishes, Sadami

Autumn Leaves said...

You sure do always try new ideas. I love what you come up with too.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations!
Your painting's emotion fits the title perfectly. I'm looking forward to reading more about your art adventure.

Kim Minichiello said...

Congratulations !! Love the color and texture in this one!

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations, Myrna!!! I have been wanting to get the Acrylic magazine and now have another good reason to get this issue!! I didn't even know there was an experimental group so good information - people do such amazing things and you've always tried new and exciting things with your work.

Jane Ferguson said...

Hey way to go Myrna you go from strength to strength.I sure miss seeing you.Jane

mary Crowell said...

myrna, your creativity has inspired so many of us, including moi, if you will remember oh so many years ago, i was invited to see the end results of mike bailey's 10 week class with you and that started me on my way to taking classes in watercolor first from you, then Kathleen Alexander and currently weekly from Guy Magallanes which I love, love love and I credit you for my beginnings!

Carol Nelson said...

Congrats Myrna. I, too, had to miss seeing the show because of teaching commitments.
Can't wait to see the catalog. My piece didn't win an award, but feel it's an honor just to be IN the show.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Sadami and Sherry. I always appreciate your continued support of my work and taking the time to comment means a lot to me!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Maywyn Studios, great to hear you will be following along !

Myrna Wacknov said...

Kim, I think I have made a total texture junkie out of you!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Rhonda. The Acrylic magazine is issued just once a year and has lots of great ideas, information and artistic discovery. Are you branching out into Acrylic along with watercolor?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Jane, I really miss you, too! Hope to see you at the SCVWS reception.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Mary, I am honored to have had a part in your artistic journey. Keep it going, friend!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Carol, now I am even more disappointed not to have been able to see one of your fantastic paintings in "the flesh"! Awards are definitely icing on the cake. Being in a national show is always an honor. So much talent out there.

Billie Crain said...

Congratulations, Myrna!

Jo Murray said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am inspired by your portraits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails