Tuesday, August 26, 2014

LATEST PLANE AIR PAINTING!

SKETCHCLUB Digital Painting
Just back from a family reunion weekend.  To pass the time on the plane, I like to practice drawing and painting with one of the many art apps I have on my iPad.  Sketchclub is my favorite because it is easy to change settings quickly and they have a setting called "sketchy" that produces a very interesting effect.  I wish I could figure out how to do that with traditional drawing materials.  I selected the largest size for my drawing and it created this very long format.  

Now, to get back into a regular schedule!

10 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Clever....at first I thought you couldn't spell...LOL.

Mary Paquet said...

Wonderful, Myrna. I'm in an airport at the moment looking for a choice model.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Jo. Truth is, my spelling needs spellcheck! but I do like this play on words.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Safe travels, Mary. I printed out an image and took it with me. Sometimes the inboard magazine has an interesting face but lately, nothing. Girl Scout, come prepared.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE!

Autumn Leaves said...

Willy Nelson, I presume? Beautifully done and I wouldn't have known it was done on a computer, Myrna.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Sue!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Sherry, Yes it is Willie. I love his face. I wasn't too happy with the likeness but had fun. The screen on the iPad Mini is a little more difficult than a full size iPad put much more convenient for travel.

Unknown said...

Myrna, I love your paintings - wow. Willy looks amazing. I have reading some of your earlier blog posts and was wondering - what is a bozzetto? Is it a type of canvas or board?
Cheers
Sandy

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Sandy, A bozzetto in Italian is a small sculpture model. I appropriated the word to describe my small 5 x 7 paintings. This is an idea from Robert Burridge as a way to try out different ideas. I take a half sheet of watercolor and tape off (3) 5" on the 15" side and (3) 7" on the 22" side creating 9 sections. Burridge cuts them apart to work on them but I prefer to keep the sheet in tact. NO RULES! Give it a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails