Tuesday, March 12, 2013
I finally got the studio organized (for the umpteenth time!) so I could move around and paint in comfort. I am still exploring what is the best process for me to get the results I have in my mind's eye. That internal vision is always so elusive! So here I go again. I decided to try putting down collage papers in the approximate place I think is right and then draw on top of that. Lastly I am adding acrylic paint. I am trying to use non-brushes in much of the paint application. I have scraped acrylic on with a plastic card, used those new rubber shapers (not thrilled with this tool yet but more experimenting to go) and an inch wide sponge roller. At this point I have practically obliterated the collage papers on the face. I may go back and add in some. This piece is very experimental and I am going to keep trying things until I like the look.
Posted by Myrna Wacknov at 8:25 PM