Friday, March 1, 2013

LATEST DEMO

LAS JUNTAS DEMO OF JERRY

I had the pleasure of doing a demo for the Las Juntas Art Society in Pleasant Hill, Ca.  It is normally an hour's drive from my house, but it is always a challenge traveling in the commute direction during rush hour.  I never know how much extra time to allow.  Fortunately, my husband came with me so we were able to drive in the carpool lane.  There was a very bad big rig accident with a seven mile back up along the way.  Without the carpool lane, I think I would have never made the meeting.  Those of you who don't experience California-like driving, consider yourself fortunate.   Anyway, I arrived in plenty of time to set up and calm down.  The demo went so smoothly, I finished in record time.  When the painting was dry, I was able to check for distortions.  I was very happy to discover that I was fairly accurate this time and my model/husband likes the Einstein quality that slipped in.  You don't always have to make them look more handsome.  Brainier works too!

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

He looks awesome! I wonder how I could inject brainier in my...well...nevermind!

RH Carpenter said...

This looks good, Myrna, and glad you made it in time. I do hate driving in traffic - have never experienced southern CA but assume it might compare to Atlanta, GA or Chicago, IL and all the crazy folks around those two cities! ha ha One of these days, I'll have to meet your handsome and brainy husband :)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Yes, he looks intelligent. I love how you have the directness of expression which can be interpreted in many ways. Obviously a kind and sensitive man. The colors are a surprise and I like them very much.

Anonymous said...

I like the warmth of the shadow area on the right side of his face. Also the way the blue of the eyes has been carried through the painting. A very appealing work. Thanks.

David Hunt

Joyfulartist said...

Not only brainy but handsome, too. What a good deal to have him willing to travel with you and be your model. Did you paint on Yupo or some other slick surface?

Related Posts with Thumbnails