Wednesday, December 12, 2012

NEW PAINT!

LEATHER SKETCHBOOK: MANZANITA BARK
This is another addition to my beautiful leather sketchbook.  On Orcas Island it is lush with woodlands.  One of the common trees is the Manzanita which has a rich burnt sienna colored bark.  This is a little sketch of the bark peeling on the trunk.  I was fortunate to receive a prize of M Graham watercolor paints from the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society annual show.  The colors are rich and luminous. I decided to try them in the sketchbook fresh out of the tube.  Loved the feel and handling of the paint.

7 comments:

Vandy said...

Hi Myrna,

I've just found you via Rhonda's website. Really enjoying exploring your website.

These rich colours look fabulous to work with. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Joyfulartist said...

I was told that the honey in Graham paints attract bugs, let me know if that happens. :-)

Autumn Leaves said...

Well my goodness! That is surely going to be one beautiful sketch book when you complete it. And leather bound too? Nice! There is honey in paints? Or some paints, I should say?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Vandy, welcome! I am so happy you found my blog. I hope it inspires you to try some new ideas.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Joyful, the honey is what makes the M Graham paint distinctive. It doesn't dry totally when squeezed out into a palette so not good for travel as it will leak out if not kept level. Great for studio work. Here in Northern California we don't have a bug problem like in humid climates. I haven't heard of that problem.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Sherry, M Graham is the only paint with honey that I know about. They mix well with other brands. M Graham is a high quality paint that is often less expensive than other quality brands. Give it a try.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Sherry, M Graham is the only paint with honey that I know about. They mix well with other brands. M Graham is a high quality paint that is often less expensive than other quality brands. Give it a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails