Thursday, December 6, 2012

KEEPING MY HAND IN!

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND HIKE: OAK TREES
I don't have as much time as I would like to paint, but I thought I would continue to fill up my beautiful leather sketchbook with a painting based on some photos I took over Thanksgiving.  The Oak trees have very rough bark and amazing twisting branches.  They are so much more fun to paint than the straight limbed variety of tree.  I think I will devote this sketchbook to my adventures with my children.    I can sit in my studio and relive the beauty and the fun and have a special keepsake when I have filled all the pages.  

5 comments:

Joyfulartist said...

Wow, this is so different from your collaged pieces. what a great idea to fill your sketch book with wonderful memories.

Lisa Graham said...

What an absolutely inspirational idea. Your tree is wonderful.

Autumn Leaves said...

I so love oak trees; my personal favorite with those curling bark birch trees a close second. I love the idea for your sketchbook, Myrna!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I really like this tree! It's so original and so mesmerizing. Keep doing these!

JANE MINTER said...

just beautiful .

Related Posts with Thumbnails