Friday, December 23, 2011

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

Jennifer Lawson holding our mutual portrait sketches
Jennifer's sketch of Me
My sketch of Jennifer
Wednesday I had the wonderful opportunity to get together with a friend I met through the internet.  It's like cyber pen pals!  Jennifer Lawson is an awesome woman in every way.  Not only is she an extremely talented artist but a world class athlete and adventurer!  With art in common, we spent a few hours visiting and looking at each other's sketchbooks and sketching materials, sharing our mutual admiration of various artists we found on the net and drawing a portrait of each other while sitting in the sunshine at the Cafe in the Cantor Museum on the Stanford University campus.  We gifted each other with the sketch.  What a special present of friendship with and through art.
Jennifer plans to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in a few weeks!!!  I will be cheering her on and looking forward to hearing about this amazing adventure.  I forgot to ask her if she plans to do any sketching along the way.  If so, they will be something to look forward to.

14 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Isn't it great to meet fellow artists who you've followed (or who have followed you) on blogs? These are fun sketches and I can't imagine what it takes to train for mountain climbing - makes me want to go have another candy bar! ha ha
Have a wonderful holiday season, Myrna, and the best to you and your family for 2012!

Joyfulartist said...

Wonderful sketches! Makes me want to do one.
Happy Christmas!

Mary Paquet said...

What fun, Myrna.

I received my copy of Watercolor Artist, and not only are you featured among the year's best paintings, but you are also on the Table of Contents page! Congratulations and I look forward to my April issue to see your creativity article.

janice said...

What fun to meet up with a friend and share your art. Drawing the portraits is such a nice idea. And what a coup for you, Myrna, to be featured in not one, but 2 magazines in a single month!

Sadami said...

Dear Myrna,
Thank you for sharing the wonderful work and the sweet messages this year. I've fully enjoyed them all and learned a lot from you. Wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ
Best wishes,Sadami

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both had a fabulous day and I'm stunned by the similarity in your sketching styles. A precious gift for both of you!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Rhonda, I am excited to meet you in person at Kanuga! Happy Holidays to you and your family as well! Have a candy bar on me.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Joy, More sketching for 2012 for me. Why not join me and share by sending me a photo! Happy Holidays.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Mary, Thanks for the info. I finally received 2 copies from the publisher. Very nice of them. We all look forward to your leadership at the helm of Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society! Happy Holidays.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Janice! Thanks for the kudos. Look for the Creativity Corner article in the April issue of Watercolor Artist.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Sadami, Thanks for the wonderful wishes and the cute faces after your name. I must learn how to do that! A wonderful 2012 to you and your family.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Sherry, Thanks for your comment. If you saw Jennifer's sketch books you would see how much more accomplished in this art form than I. We used a special carbon ink that is permanent but won't clog pens as it doesn't have lacquer in it. Happy Holidays and a fabulous 2012.

Ken Goldman said...

Myrna, I love your portrait - especially when I make it large. Hers is nice too and I think you make a great team.
Steph and I wish a very prosperous new year to you, your art, Jerry and the kids.

David Lobenberg said...

Wow . . . they are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails