Tuesday, December 13, 2011

FILLING THE PAGE!


I was fascinated with the art of a British artist who calls himself Fabric Lenny.  You can find him on the web.  I tried to analyze what he was doing.  I loved how his figures fit together like puzzle pieces, his use of line and color and pattern.  The first drawing I tried to fill in the spaces with variations of my original drawing.  The second drawing, I created an uneven grid and then fit the images into the different rectangles.  Playing around with the shape of the sunglasses was lots of fun.  Not exactly Fabric Lenny but I had a great time.  I'm not so sure my son appreciated the effort!



8 comments:

Sadami said...

~(*o*)~ ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ!!

Anonymous said...

Now I have to go see his work. I'm quite tickled by this piece, Myrna. Will you be painting it too?

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna,
I think both of your drawings are intriguing! I looked at Fabric Lenny's site, WOW! Fascinating!

Lisa Graham said...

I think this is so fun! I love it!

Kass said...

Just great. Full of whimsey and fun.

Kay said...

nice to see you in the new Watercolor magazine!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks to all for their supportive comments.
Kay, I have been to the book store twice but the January issue is not on the shelf yet. They said sometime in the next few days!

Unknown said...

Love your "filling the page" Myrna ! Lots of fun and creativity, thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails