Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BACK TO WORK!



 I am still putting things away after my return from LaCrosse.  The studio is finally looking like I can work out there again.  After a little editing, I will show another slide show from the workshop.  In the meantime, I came across some drawings I had done on tissue paper and a sheet of watercolor paper that ad a layer of colorful collage covering a failed painting.  I decided to collage the drawings on top of the paper leaving a nice colorful border around each one.  I managed to get three of the six images completed.  It felt good to paint again.  I hope to complete the painting tomorrow.


8 comments:

Helena said...

Great blog! I will have a better look tonight when I got the time. I also have an art blog, its on swedish but pls use the google translate function if you want to visit: http://apartofmyart.blogspot.com

Rgds,
Helena, Stockholm, Sweden

jgr said...

More lovely work and great inspiration!! These are wonderful and . . . of course I have plenty of failed paintings to use LOL! Thank you for sharing your technique.

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna, I find your portraits fascinating and like your latest investigations. They're stunning and special!

Unknown said...

These are nice, really strong bold shapes and I like the contour drawing too! You're just too good!!

Rita Sklar said...

Love the drawings and the color!

Susanne said...

Love your blog and work. Looking forward to another slide show.

Unknown said...

I like how textural these are. This is such a creative way to paint/it is nice to see artists experiment w/ things other than the standard watercolor paper or canvas. Beautiful!

Janine said...

These are absolutely beautiful! These are watercolor over tissue that was collaged onto water color paper? I love your work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails