Monday, October 18, 2010

ANOTHER VIEW!

Where have I been and where am I going?  Stuff happens!  The hard drive n my computer died in the middle of preparing a presentation for my workshop in LaCrosse and then my wrist and thumb joint on my right hand went!  Of course I am right handed.  Lots of time running around getting these problems resolved.  Now I am in LaCrosse and starting the workshop this morning.  Yesterday I had some time to check out this beautiful area along the Mighty Mississippi River.  One of the places we went was the Omni Center where I will be teaching today.  There was a quilt show going on.  It was wonderful to check out a traditional art form.   A very talented young man (16 years old)  had set up an easel and was doing caricatures.   I thought it would be fun to see someone else's interpretation of my face.  Here is the result!  He was much more flattering but I love the glamourous view.  Check out Mike Kuznar at www.sirdrawzalot.com and give him encouragement with his future art career!

2 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize you were going to be so nearby! LaCrosse is very beautiful this time of year - if you get a chance, drive up Granddad's bluff for the view. I hope your challenges are all resolved soon.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Myrna, Fun drawing! Mike's website is nicely done with lots of fun drawings.

Sorry to hear about your hard drive! Bad timing too.

I hope you have a great week with your workshop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails