Friday, January 1, 2010

SKETCHY START TO THE NEW YEAR!


New Years Eve was spent with friends.  Great food, great company.  I spent part of the evening socializing and sketching.  I am definitely going to improve my technique for fast sketching this year.  I think I will schedule several outings a week for practice.  Does practice make perfect? No such thing as perfect, but hopefully progress.  Ah, a better phrase: "Practice makes progress".

Today I took advantage of my oldest sons' visit.  He upgraded my computer operating system to Mac's "Snow Leopard" (It's Gorgeous!!!!  I must take the time to learn how to use all the exciting new features), installed a new accounting program, transferred the accounting information from the older computer and then erased the old hard drive.  He even took the old computer to a recycling center for me.  Bill also moved all my photos off the MacBook onto an auxiliary hard drive which cleared up 18 gigabytes of memory!!! Let us pray that I can find what I need!  My kids take such good care of me.  I would be in such trouble, technology wise, without them.  Even so, I still have lots to learn on my own.  Every upgrade is another learning curve.  There is no end to the opportunities to learn something new everyday.

This was a fun way to start the year off.  Everything seems fresh and organized.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great sketch, Myrna! And, what a wonderful son you have :)

VickiRossArt said...

So glad to meet another mac addict! the only way to go...If you ever need help and can't get your kiddos, I'll help! Been a mac user since 1986, You can see what I'm up to at www.myarttutor.com. I've enjoyed following your blog!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Kathy. I have 3 wonderful sons and feel very fortunate. I also have one terrific daughter in law and 2 great grandsons!

Thank you Vicki, for the offer. I checked out your art tutor concept. Very interesting! Best wishes for success with it.

Paintings by Patricia said...

Sketch is full of vitality and expression. I also plan to post at least 2 small paintings a week on my blog. I also have snow leopard....awesome.
I admire your work very much.

Ginny Stiles said...

I upgraded to snow leopard a few months ago (at the apple store) where I take lessons. I did not really see a lot of difference. But I had leopard anyway...maybe you had tiger? I did have to reload all my printer drivers over again. And I couldn't open the movies I had stored in iPhoto. All glitches with Snow Leopard. Beware. But all pretty easily fixed. What I don't have is iLife 09. I am still have 08. Now that does make a difference. Well, enough computer talk. I loved your sketch.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Patricia, that is an excellent goal. A blog makes you more accountable! I shall check in to see how you are doing!

Ginny, I upgraded from Tiger, so the changes are quite noticeable. I haven't tried to print anything yet. IPhoto has face recognition now, so can pull up everything with a specific person. Downside, all the data entry required!

butchick said...

as i was surfing the blog i came across yours..i like it.can you paint my profile pic,here in my blog??

Anonymous said...

Beautiful paintings!!

katie said...

the sketches were magnificent!!beautiful! i sure wish i could do that :D

Francy said...

I like this work. We are upstate New York working in art. We go back to the Bronx Studio every few weeks but it's very cold here now. Checkout my husband's website:www.fortgang.com -We have been producing for forty years/I'm a poet/look at my blogs (there are six of them)http://francystoller,blogspot.com-thankyoufor the accesibility/the color/the spirit

Related Posts with Thumbnails