Thursday, February 2, 2017

"LIFESCAPES" SOLO SHOW THROUGH MARCH 12TH


"THE CLAN" centerpiece of Lifescapes Solo Show


Sunday was an exciting day.   After months of planning and lots of work getting ready. the opening reception for my first solo show was finally here.  My out of town children made the effort to come in to celebrate with me.  A beautiful day and so many friends and well wishers came out.  I am posting a video of the show for those of you who can't come by in person.  The exhibit is up through March 12th.   If you are in the area,  please stop by.  If you let me know when you are coming, I will try to meet you there and give a personal tour of the Museum and artists studios.  The Peninsula Museum of Art in Burlingame Ca. is a true hidden gem.  
 My husband and 3 sons are featured in the centerpiece painting above, The Clan.  Although my eldest son, Bill is very out of focus on this piece, he is featured in another painting in the show.  He is one of my favorite subjects and submits to my constantly photographing him.  My youngest son hates to be photographed so I have very little source material for paintings with him.  My middle son doesn't like me to paint him either.   My husband is a great subject and is pleased to be featured in some of my best efforts.  It is interesting how people feel so differently about being the subject of a painting, and we have to be sensitive to their wishes.  Either way, my family has been tremendously supportive of my art career and my appreciation and gratitude knows no bounds!


12 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Congratulations, Myrna! The show looks fabulous :) Thank you for the tour. Wish I could visit in person and linger around each of the paintings! just wonderful!

suzanne mcneill said...

Thank you so much for sharing the video of your show! Every single painting is inspiring and shows the depth and breadth of your artwork. I have enjoyed watching your progress on your blog for many years. Thank your for taking the time to share and to inspire.
Sincerely, Suzanne McNeill

Mary Kosary said...

What an accomplishment to do so many interesting paintings. I love the way you matted and framed them. It was exciting to see you sort of in person at the beginning and end.

Your friend in Venice, Florida. Mary Kosary

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Myrna. A wonderful show, and you're such an inspiration.

Sonia said...

A stunning exhibition Myrna. I certainly enjoyed the video.

Unknown said...

Every person speaks through your art--we sense their story. Powerful portraits, and exciting.

Billie Crain said...

What a stunning show, Myrna. Congrats!

Bobbie Powell said...

My Goodness! You are a wonderful artist. I very much enjoyed seeing your exhibition here. Keep doing what you do, so much meaningfulness (a word?) in your depictions.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Congratulations Myrna! I think your show looks classy and elegant! Best wishes to you!

Wild about Painting said...

Great video! What an awesome show! Very polished! Thanks for making the video so we can see it!

Joyfulartist said...

what a wonderful body of work! The video was great and much appreciated since a trip from Florida probably won't happen. I've always admired what you do and now I'm even more impressed. Congratulations!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you all for your wonderful and supportive comments. It has been a very satisfying experience to mount a solo show. I learned much in the process and felt warmly embraced by the reception of my work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails