Monday, April 20, 2015

WHAT AN HONOR!


PALETTE MAGAZINE COVER 
Add caption


Christopher "Topher" Schink and Skip Lawrence publish (through Cheap Joe's Art Supplies) a very informative and exciting magazine, called The Palette Magazine.   It has been one of my favorite publications for years.  Early this year I had great fun doing a three artist demo in Santa Rosa, Ca. with the impressive Mr. Topher  Schink and David Lobenberg who is a fabulous watercolor portrait artist from Sacramento.  The latest issue of The Palette Magazine has sequenced photos of each of our interpretations of the model, along with some additional information about each of us.  I knew about the article, but imagine my surprise when I finally received my copy in the mail and saw my self on the cover!  

If you don't already subscribe to The Palette Magazine, you are missing out.  You can order it through Cheap Joe's website.  Worth every penny.  I always read it cover to cover as soon as it arrives.  There is a very intriguing process for mono printing described in this issue  which I can't wait to try.  

I have updated my workshop schedule, so check it out.  If you are local to the San Francisco Bay area,  I will be participating in another 3 person portrait demo for the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society with Topher Schink and Mike Bailey.  It will be at the Los Altos Town Hall on Saturday, July 18th.  It's going to be a fun event.  I hope many of you can join us!   



14 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Fabulous and a well deserved honor, Myrna!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Myrna! You deserve it. Your work is unique and exciting!

Kim Minichiello said...

Woo Hoo Congratulations Myrna!

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Congratulations Myrna, exciting and well deserved! Its a great magazine. Which reminds me, I was taking a drawing class at our local art center in Ashland, OR. One day I walked into the class room and someone had clipped one of your paintings from a publication. They had taped it to the wall. I know there is a portrait class earlier in the week. In any case, it was fun to see your work.

Also, congrats on your successes with the NWWS & AWS.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you Sherry, Christine and Kim. I always appreciate your enthusiastic support!

Peggy, Thank you for sharing that bit of information. I am probably more notorious that I know! I didn't realize you are in Ashland. What a great community.

Harriet Goitein said...

Proud of you! I can imagine your surprise!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you - great recognition for you!
Love following your Creative Journey.
Marie

Jo Murray said...

Congratulations! Well done! I'll have to get my hands on that issue.

Myrna Wacknov said...


thank you, Marie and Jo.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Sis!

Joyfulartist said...

I was excited to see your picture on the front of my Palette magazine. I'm so glad you are getting the attention you deserve. It's the best practical art publication available. Always full of great information, illustrations and demonstrations.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you Janet for such kind words. I also think this is a fantastic different art magazine.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Myrna,
I tried to congratulate you when this post was new, but did something wrong and my comment went away.
Re-visiting, then checking your comments, I realized there was still time.
Well-deserved! Congratulations!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi, Gary! Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the continued support. Hope Hawaii is treating you well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails