Tuesday, October 7, 2014

FINALLY FINISHED... FLORIDA WATERCOLOR SOCIETY DEMO


"THOUGHTFUL"

Overall, I am satisfied with the painting.  It was not critical that I get an exact likeness, but would have liked to be able to correct a few areas.  Watercolor doesn't allow for that and I draw directly on the paper with paint instead of transferring a perfect drawing.  I prefer the spontaneous over the perfect.  Practicing drawing the image 5 or 6 times in advance helps to get a more accurate spontaneous painting.  Here is one of the preliminary drawings that I did in advance of the demo.



3 comments:

Joyfulartist said...

I thought the end of the demo was really good but this is excellent!

Autumn Leaves said...

It is gorgeous, Myrna!

Jo Murray said...

To me it is perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails