Wednesday, July 9, 2014

ART IN THE VINEYARDS!

JERRY, GESSO TEXTURE DEMO

MORRIS, COLLAGE TEXTURE DEMO
I spent 3 wonderful days giving a Texture Workshop for the Central Coast Watercolor Society in Paso Robles, California.  Everything was perfect....great students, great location, great weather.  This part of the central coast has wonderful wineries. We set up shop at the Castoro Cellars Winery off of highway 46 West.  What a beautiful place, with lunch outside on the patio amidst the grapevines.  I was honored to jury their Aquarius 2014 show which is now on exhibit in the Castoro Cellars Art Gallery through August 30th.   There are lots of talented artists here, so, if you are anywhere near the area, be sure and stop by and see the show, taste some wine, maybe have a picnic and enjoy this wonderful part of California. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna...I've learned so much from following you..just bought the "wrinkly" book. Thanks for the materials lists..great ideas for trying some mixed media drawings..Carol

Unknown said...

What's a "wrinkly" book?

I always love and admire your work. Someday, you will have a class close enough for me to attend.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Carol, hope you enjoy the book. Let me know if you don't understand something. Some of it makes sense only to me!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Jay, I have a book from Blurb.com called The Opposite of Irony is Wrinkly. It has the 50 6 x 6 inch collage and ink pieces I did for a special competition with descriptions of process for each piece. You can see it by going to Blurb.com and putting in my name.

Barb Sailor said...

These textures are amazing - it is like you're looking into another facet of the subject's soul.

Unknown said...

I want to take your classes so badly. Do you have any tapes or on line classes? I have watched you for years and I'm always awed by you.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Barbra, contact me. I have a video for you and perhaps we can find a way for me to teach in your area. myrnawack@prodigy.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails