Friday, May 3, 2013

SLICK!

gesso stamped YUPO with a light glaze
detail of gesso stamped YUPO

limited palette painting stage one




I am trying  texture techniques on YUPO.  This one has gesso partially scraped onto the surface then stamped into.  I pressed the gesso covered stamp onto other parts of the paper.  Lightly glazed, then drawing the head and proceeding to paint.  So far I am using a very limited palette.  When I have the shapes perfected, I will add a few other colors.  It's great having a very liftable surface, because the hands need to be enlarged!  















2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It is coming out beautifully too, Myrna. How do you draw/paint over the impasto surface and still keep such perfect lines/edges?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Sherry! The surface is pretty smooth for the most part and easy to draw and paint on. why not give it a try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails