Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TEXTURAL PAINTING STEP #1

This is the painting that I started on illustration board.  After applying all sorts of mediums and grounds,  letting it dry, I added color.  Photographing the painting in full sun was a mistake.  I cannot color correct the photograph to come very close to what it actually looks like.  I added collage elements after this step and photographed it but I will show that tomorrow after I retake the photograph in better lighting conditions.

Tonight there were 5 demonstrations going at the same time!  I was able to see how Sue Tregay puts together her fabulous new series of "free range children".  She has a layered process using exciting color and engaging drawing for a very entertaining result.  You can find a link to her blog on the side of mine. Check it out! 

Mike Bailey also did a very engaging demo.  Besides being a consumate painter and educator, he is very entertaining!  Mike is giving a workshop here this week at Kanuga.  

I was also able to watch Carrie Burns Brown share some collage ideas.  I love her video and it was wonderful to get to meet her in person.

Tomorrow I am going to learn how to make an insert into a stretched gallery canvas !!! Exciting times.

5 comments:

Kay said...

oh I would love to know how to do the insert on stretched canvas..have fun in your workshop!

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Myrna, Wow! Sounds exciting! Have way tooo much fun! Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Thank you for showing these techniques

Unknown said...

What fun, Myrna!! Please give my best to Mike and Sue.

Mary Liz Gallery said...

Is there another step to the texture painting?

Related Posts with Thumbnails