Wednesday, October 10, 2007

EXCITING NEWS!!

I just received an e-mail from the editor of Artist Magazine. She informed me that I have been chosen out of over 500 entries to be featured in the March 2008 issue on "Fabulous Artists over 60"!! What an incredible honor. I was nominated by someone I don't even know. Wow!

I am in Las Vegas helping my brother and will be home Thursday night. I am able to use his computer but my laptop is not picking up a signal so I can't upload images or download my photos until I get home. I did receive a wonderful "magnified drawing" which I will post Thursday night. I am able to do some drawing and I started another trial Charles Reid painting which is better than the last but I still need so much practice. He has so many little things to pay attention to it is like keeping all those plates spinning on those sticks in circus acts. I think if you focus on just one or two things until they become second nature and then move to the next thing, eventually you master what you want to accomplish. Trying to focus on too many things at once results in paralysis.

I hope everyone is keeping their brushes wet. Keep forwarding me your efforts.

6 comments:

Nava said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Oh Fabulous One!!

Mike said...

I don't know what you are so surprised about. You ARE fabulous! Always have been!!

Evolving Expressions said...

Wow, this is fantastic, I agree with Mike it is not surprising.
congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Myrna it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.I' very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Whoops... I'm that old anonymous, I didn't mark "anon" I marked "other" but forgot to own the comment.
You just can't trust the Brits, can you?

Hilda

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations! Can't wait for this issue to come to my doorstep :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails